Antiques Roadshow “Brodie Castle & Estate, Morayshire 2” 16 October 2022: Sunday on BBC One
|Antiques Roadshow Tonight, December 2022 & This Week’s Episode|
Antiques Roadshow comes from the beautiful grounds of Brodie Castle in northern Scotland, home to the Brodie Clan since the 16th century.
Fiona Bruce explores the castle and its treasures, including a dog portrait by Edwin Landseer that was cut out of a larger canvas, and in the Playful Garden she meets a giant rabbit.
Silver specialist Gordon Foster discovers a beautiful silver trophy from a local curling club that dates to 1896, while ceramics expert Steven Moore gets to reunite Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan in the form of novelty teapots inspired by the satirical TV show Spitting Image.
Three members of an extended family are brought together for the very first time when expert Adam Schoon examines a selection of items that belonged to a shared ancestor, Scottish footballing legend Robert Boyd.
Mark Smith is fascinated to see the contents of a large footlocker that belonged to a Scotsman who enlisted in the American army during the First World War, while Judith Miller challenges Fiona to put three carved wooden ‘treen’ objects in order of value.
- Try Amazon Prime Video FREE / PureVPN – Stream US/UK Shows Worldwide
- Watched the show? Join the discussion and leave a comment below!
About Antiques Roadshow
Airing since 1979, this popular programme that has spawned multiple international versions travels across Britain (with occasional trips to other countries, such as Canada and Australia), bringing together in each location specialists in antiques and fine arts to have them appraise items brought in by local residents, whether they are collectors looking to turn trash into treasure or ordinary folks hoping Grandma’s old painting might now fund the kids’ education. Items featured on the programme often have an interesting story attached to them or have some connection to that episode’s venue. While some items that are brought in are worth a fortune, others are worthless.
This show is broadcast on BBC, also known as the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Latest Episodes of Antiques Roadshow
- Antiques Roadshow “Wollaton Hall 2” 30 October 2022: Sunday on BBC One
- Antiques Roadshow “100 Years of the BBC” 23 October 2022: Sunday on BBC One
- Antiques Roadshow “Brodie Castle & Estate, Morayshire 2” 16 October 2022: Sunday on BBC One
- Antiques Roadshow “Clissold Park 1” 9 October 2022: Sunday on BBC One
- Antiques Roadshow “Brodie Castle & Estate, Morayshire 1” 2 October 2022: Sunday on BBC One