BBC Proms “Last Night of the Proms – Part 2” 10 September 2022: Saturday on BBC One
It’s party time at the Royal Albert Hall, as the 2022 BBC Proms season wraps up in rousing style at the most joyful classical music celebration of the year.
Katie Derham presents, joined by Robert Rinder and other special guests, as Dalia Stasevska conducts the BBC Symphony Orchestra in a concert that shines a light on new and lesser known works alongside blockbuster tunes and all the traditional Last Night singalongs, fun and frolics.
Choirmaster extraordinaire Gareth Malone leads a spectacular national celebration, with a performance both inside and outside the Royal Albert Hall involving massed choirs and drummers from around the UK and some very special guests, in a unique arrangement of an exciting and surprising song choice guaranteed to delight the audience in the hall and at home.
Superstar cellist Sheku Kanneh-Mason and Norweigan soprano Lise Davidsen are the Last Night soloists, combining for Villa-Lobos’s much-loved Bachianas Brasileiras. The centenary of the BBC is marked with a trip down memory lane in a new commission by composer Iain Farrington, celebrating the glories of TV theme tunes through the decades. And the conductor – herself born in Kyiv – introduces a poignant musical tribute to the people of Ukraine.
- Try Amazon Prime Video FREE / PureVPN – Stream US/UK Shows Worldwide
- Watched the show? Join the discussion and leave a comment below!
About BBC Proms
This show is broadcast on BBC Two, also known as the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Latest Episodes of BBC Proms
- BBC Proms Unmissable Moments 11 September 2022: Sunday on BBC Four
- BBC Proms “Last Night of the Proms – Part 2” 10 September 2022: Saturday on BBC One
- BBC Proms “Last Night of the Proms – Part 1” 10 September 2022: Saturday on BBC Two
- Nicola Benedetti Plays Wynton Marsalis 9 September 2022: BBC Proms on BBC Four
- Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony with Chineke! 4 September 2022: BBC Proms on BBC Four