Coast “Inner Hebrides to the Faroe Islands” 16 July 2022: Series 4 Episode 6 on BBC Four
Coast heads high into the wild Atlantic to the majestic Faroe Islands, where Neil Oliver discovers how romance blossomed for British soldiers and Faroese women during the Second World War’s ‘Operation Valentine’. Neil begins his island-hopping journey at Glensanda, the site of Europe’s biggest quarry, which provides the rock to make the roads of Britain roll. He also searches for sea eagles, recently reintroduced to the island of Canna. As he heads northwards, Neil meets adventurer Tom McLean. In 1985, Tom attempted to claim Rockall for Britain, by living for a month on the tiny outcrop of volcanic rock perched in the turbulent seas 230 miles west of the Outer Hebrides
- Try Amazon Prime Video FREE / PureVPN – Stream US/UK Shows Worldwide
- Watched the show? Join the discussion and leave a comment below!
The Coast team take a fascinating journey around the shores of the United Kingdom, uncovering stories that have made us the island nation we are today.
This show is broadcast on BBC Four, also known as the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Latest Episodes of Coast
- Coast “Wexford to Killiney” 18 July 2022: Series 4 Episode 6 on BBC Four
- Coast “Inner Hebrides to the Faroe Islands” 16 July 2022: Series 4 Episode 6 on BBC Four
- Coast “Gower to Anglesey” 30 June 2022: Series 5 Episode 27 on BBC Four
- Coast “All at Sea 3” 16 June 2022: Thursday on BBC Four
- Coast “Scotland’s Western Isles” 18 May 2022: Wednesday on BBC Four