Countryfile “At the Seaside” 19 June 2022: Sunday on BBC One
|Countryfile Tonight, June 2022 & This Week’s Episode|
Sean Fletcher visits Whitby. Isolated between the North York Moors National Park and the sombre North Sea, it’s not a place you stumble upon; it’s a destination. This North Yorkshire seaside town has been attracting people with its architectural, geological and literary charms for generations. This May marks the 125th year since the publication of Bram Stoker’s Dracula, a novel that was influenced by Whitby’s folkloric past and continues to shape this maritime outpost. To celebrate the occasion, Sean is in town visiting the people of Whitby who work and protect its coastline today, providing a springboard for a deep dive into our archives of coastal Britain.
- Try Amazon Prime Video FREE / PureVPN – Stream US/UK Shows Worldwide
- Watched the show? Join the discussion and leave a comment below!
Stories are shared of the people, places and issues at the heart of the British countryside. Popular features include the programme’s photography contest, which culminates in a yearly calendar sold to benefit charity, the Video Diary, produced by viewers and focused on life in rural areas, and the weather forecasts.
This show is broadcast on BBC, also known as the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Latest Episodes of Countryfile
- Countryfile “A Rural Welcome” 10 July 2022: Sunday on BBC One
- Countryfile “Jersey 1” 3 July 2022: Sunday on BBC Two
- Countryfile “Cotsworld Seasonal Hub Summer” 26 June 2022: Sunday on BBC One
- Countryfile “At the Seaside” 19 June 2022: Sunday on BBC One
- Countryfile “Haweswater” 12 June 2022: Sunday on BBC One