Countryfile “Surrey Hills” 21 August 2022: Sunday on BBC One
|Countryfile Tonight, October 2022 & This Week’s Episode|
Just a few miles from London, Matt Baker and Charlotte Smith revel in the serenity and beauty of the Surrey Hills – a landscape that was home to one of Britain’s best-loved composers, Ralph Vaughan Williams. This year marks the 150th anniversary of his birth, and world-renowned violinist Pekka Kuusisto treats us to a very special performance of The Lark Ascending. Charlotte finds out how farmers could help to reverse the fortunes of the skylark, one of our favourites songbirds, while Matt sniffs out some fabulous local produce including a cheese called Dirty Vicar. We meet 3D embroiderer Amanda Cobbett, who creates incredibly lifelike masterpieces of local nature. Tom Heap investigates why saving our trees could mean declaring war on grey squirrels, and Adam Henson meets Pat Quinn, one of the driving forces behind saving longhorn cattle and Cotswold sheep, who swapped a life of rally racing for farming. Now in her nineties, she’s hanging up her wellies.
- Try Amazon Prime Video FREE / PureVPN – Stream US/UK Shows Worldwide
- Watched the show? Join the discussion and leave a comment below!
Stories are shared of the people, places and issues at the heart of the British countryside. Popular features include the programme’s photography contest, which culminates in a yearly calendar sold to benefit charity, the Video Diary, produced by viewers and focused on life in rural areas, and the weather forecasts.
This show is broadcast on BBC, also known as the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Latest Episodes of Countryfile
- Countryfile “Brixham” 2 October 2022: Sunday on BBC One
- Countryfile “Quantocks” 25 September 2022: Sunday on BBC One
- Countryfile “Queen and Country: Windsor Special” 18 September 2022: Sunday on BBC One
- Countryfile “Field to Fashion” 11 September 2022: Sunday on BBC One
- Countryfile “100 Years of Farming” 4 September 2022: Sunday on BBC One