Great American Railway Journeys – 22 February 2020 – 22/2/2020 – February 22 – Saturday – BBC Two
Kamloops to Calgary
Season 4, Episode 5
Clutching his 1899 Appleton’s Guide, Michael Portillo boards one of the world’s most famous trains, the Rocky Mountaineer, to cross the backbone of the North American continent from Kamloops to the spa resort of Banff. This magnificent journey takes him to the highest point of the 19th-century transcontinental Canadian Pacific Railway line at Kicking Horse Pass, past Lake Louise and inside spiral tunnels blasted through the mountains. Along the way, Michael hears of the harsh and dangerous conditions endured by the Chinese and European labourers who built the railway. He looks back at the historic driving of the Last Spike, which completed the Canadian Pacific Railway in 1885. Reaching Banff, Michael follows his Appleton’s guide to the luxurious Banff Spring Hotel, built by the railway company. At Sulphur Mountain close by, he explores an underground hot spring discovered by railway workers in 1883 and learns how it prompted the creation of Canada’s first national park
About Great American Railway Journeys
Great Railway Journeys is a BBC documentary series presented by Michael Portillo, a former Conservative MP and Cabinet Minister who was instrumental in saving the Settle to Carlisle line from closure in 1989 (Wikipedia).
This show is broadcast on BBC Two, also known as the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Latest Episodes of Great American Railway Journeys
- Great American Railway Journeys – 28 March 2020 – 28/3/2020 – March 28 – Saturday – BBC Two
- Great American Railway Journeys – 21 March 2020 – 21/3/2020 – March 21 – Saturday – BBC Two
- Great American Railway Journeys – 14 March 2020 – 14/3/2020 – March 14 – Saturday – BBC Two
- Great American Railway Journeys – 7 March 2020 – 7/3/2020 – March 7 – Saturday – BBC Two
- Great American Railway Journeys – 29 February 2020 – 29/2/2020 – February 29 – Saturday – BBC Two
Latest Episodes on BBC
BBC is an British television network, and is one of the main television networks in the United Kingdom. It broadcasts in English.
Some of the most popular shows and programs on BBC include:
- Strictly Come Dancing
- Line of Duty
- The Capture
- Inside No. 9
- Holby City
- The Night Manager
- Top Gear
Television in the United Kingdom
The main United Kingdom networks are:
- BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation)
- BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four
- ITV (Independent Television)
- ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4
- Channel 4
- Channel 5
You will find articles on all your favourite TV shows on every network, everyday on TV Everyday!