Great Asian Railway Journeys – 23 May 2020 – 23/5/2020 – May 23 – Saturday – BBC Two
Penang to Cameron Highlands
Season 1, Episode 27
Michael Portillo’s south east Asian travels reach Malaysia – once a British colony. Michael’s journey begins on the island of Penang, Britain’s first stronghold in the region. Here he rides one of the steepest, fastest and most exhilarating funicular railways in the world and steps into a tropical paradise as he releases exotic specimens at Malaysia’s first butterfly sanctuary. Travelling on Malaysia’s modern, hi-tech railway network, Michael visits Taiping, known as the wettest town in the country, where betting on the rain is a local pastime. Here Michael learns how the discovery of tin made this land a desirable possession for the British. Moving south along the Malay Peninsula, the next stop is the regal town of Kuala Kangsar, home to the Sultan of Perak and one of the country’s most prestigious schools, dubbed the ‘Eton of the East’. Michael tries his hand at the school’s chosen sport, Eton Fives
About Great Asian Railway Journeys
Great Railway Journeys is a BBC documentary series presented by Michael Portillo, a former Conservative MP and Cabinet Minister who was instrumental in saving the Settle to Carlisle line from closure in 1989 (Wikipedia).
This show is broadcast on BBC Two, also known as the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Latest Episodes of Great Asian Railway Journeys
- Great Asian Railway Journeys – 10 August 2020 – 10/8/2020 – August 10 – Monday – BBC Four
- Great Asian Railway Journeys – 3 August 2020 – 3/8/2020 – August 3 – Monday – BBC Four
- Great Asian Railway Journeys – 6 June 2020 – 6/6/2020 – June 6 – Saturday – BBC Two
- Great Asian Railway Journeys – 30 May 2020 – 30/5/2020 – May 30 – Saturday – BBC Two
- Great Asian Railway Journeys – 23 May 2020 – 23/5/2020 – May 23 – Saturday – BBC Two
Latest Episodes on BBC
BBC is an British television network, and is one of the main television networks in the United Kingdom. It broadcasts in English.
Some of the most popular shows and programs on BBC include:
- Strictly Come Dancing
- Line of Duty
- The Capture
- Inside No. 9
- Holby City
- The Night Manager
- Top Gear
Television in the United Kingdom
The main United Kingdom networks are:
- BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation)
- BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four
- ITV (Independent Television)
- ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4
- Channel 4
- Channel 5
You will find articles on all your favourite TV shows on every network, everyday on TV Everyday!