Great Asian Railway Journeys – 30 May 2020 – 30/5/2020 – May 30 – Saturday – BBC Two
Kuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru
Season 1, Episode 28
Following his 1913 Bradshaw’s guidebook, Michael Portillo continues his exploration of the Malaysian peninsula. Beginning in its dynamic and diverse capital, Kuala Lumpur, Michael’s railway journey heads to the very southern tip of Malaysia and the historic city of Johor Bahru, the gateway to Singapore. In KL, as it is universally known, Michael tries the ancient art of pewter smithing and learns how the discovery of tin transformed a muddy estuary into Malaysia’s thriving capital – one of the world’s fastest-growing cities. Michael sees for himself how breakneck development is putting pressure on the city’s historic Malay settlement, Kampung Baru. Michael heads south to Melaka, whose history as one of the greatest trading ports in the world has resulted in a surprising mix of cultures and faiths. Michael tastes the spicy cuisine of the Kristang community, who are descendants of Portuguese settlers and local Malays
About Great Asian Railway Journeys
Great Railway Journeys is a BBC documentary series presented by Michael Portillo, a former Conservative MP and Cabinet Minister who was instrumental in saving the Settle to Carlisle line from closure in 1989 (Wikipedia).
This show is broadcast on BBC Two, also known as the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Latest Episodes of Great Asian Railway Journeys
- Great Asian Railway Journeys – 6 June 2020 – 6/6/2020 – June 6 – Saturday – BBC Two
- Great Asian Railway Journeys – 30 May 2020 – 30/5/2020 – May 30 – Saturday – BBC Two
- Great Asian Railway Journeys – 23 May 2020 – 23/5/2020 – May 23 – Saturday – BBC Two
- Great Asian Railway Journeys – 16 May 2020 – 16/5/2020 – May 16 – Saturday – BBC Two
- Great Asian Railway Journeys – 9 May 2020 – 9/5/2020 – May 9 – Saturday – BBC Two
Latest Episodes on BBC
BBC is an British television network, and is one of the main television networks in the United Kingdom. It broadcasts in English.
Some of the most popular shows and programs on BBC include:
- Strictly Come Dancing
- Line of Duty
- The Capture
- Inside No. 9
- Holby City
- The Night Manager
- Top Gear
Television in the United Kingdom
The main United Kingdom networks are:
- BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation)
- BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four
- ITV (Independent Television)
- ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4
- Channel 4
- Channel 5
You will find articles on all your favourite TV shows on every network, everyday on TV Everyday!