Great Asian Railway Journeys – 6 June 2020 – 6/6/2020 – June 6 – Saturday – BBC Two
Season 1, Episode 29
Michael Portillo’s south east Asian railway tour reaches its final stop – Singapore. The island city-state at the southern tip of Malaysia is one of Asia’s biggest success stories. Travelling on the extensive MRT – or mass rapid transit – rail network to the west side of the island, Michael visits a vast construction site that is to become the world’s largest fully automated container port which is taking shape on land reclaimed from the sea. The grand project reflects Singapore’s towering economic ambition. Back in the centre, Michael hears of the nation’s maritime roots and how Englishman Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles established the first port here in 1819. On a boat trip along the Singapore River, Michael discovers how trade flourished under British colonial rule and, at the iconic Raffles Hotel, he takes a seat in the famous Long Bar and treats himself to its signature cocktail, a Singapore Sling
About Great Asian Railway Journeys
Great Railway Journeys is a BBC documentary series presented by Michael Portillo, a former Conservative MP and Cabinet Minister who was instrumental in saving the Settle to Carlisle line from closure in 1989 (Wikipedia).
This show is broadcast on BBC Two, also known as the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Latest Episodes of Great Asian Railway Journeys
- Great Asian Railway Journeys – 6 June 2020 – 6/6/2020 – June 6 – Saturday – BBC Two
- Great Asian Railway Journeys – 30 May 2020 – 30/5/2020 – May 30 – Saturday – BBC Two
- Great Asian Railway Journeys – 23 May 2020 – 23/5/2020 – May 23 – Saturday – BBC Two
- Great Asian Railway Journeys – 16 May 2020 – 16/5/2020 – May 16 – Saturday – BBC Two
- Great Asian Railway Journeys – 9 May 2020 – 9/5/2020 – May 9 – Saturday – BBC Two
Latest Episodes on BBC
BBC is an British television network, and is one of the main television networks in the United Kingdom. It broadcasts in English.
Some of the most popular shows and programs on BBC include:
- Strictly Come Dancing
- Line of Duty
- The Capture
- Inside No. 9
- Holby City
- The Night Manager
- Top Gear
Television in the United Kingdom
The main United Kingdom networks are:
- BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation)
- BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four
- ITV (Independent Television)
- ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4
- Channel 4
- Channel 5
You will find articles on all your favourite TV shows on every network, everyday on TV Everyday!