Great British Railway Journeys – 7 September 2021 – 7/9/2021 – Tuesday – BBC Four
Letchworth Garden City to Herne Hill
Armed with his early 20th-century Bradshaw’s guide, Michael Portillo explores an Edwardian utopia with a radical plan at its heart.
Michael joins a garden party where a fourth-generation citizen of Letchworth introduces him to the city’s community spirit. Heading into the capital, Michael discovers a favoured haunt of King Edward VII and samples the monarch’s favourite tipple, the King’s Ginger, invented to keep him warm in his horseless carriage.
Improvements to the London Underground in the early 20th century gave us a network of electric railways, which shaped our modern capital. Inside London’s newest rail tunnel, Michael meets engineer Jonathan Cooper to discover more about current improvements to London’s oldest deep-level tube line, the Northern line, which is being extended.
- Try Amazon Prime Video FREE / PureVPN – Stream US/UK Shows Worldwide
- Watched the show? Join the discussion and leave a comment below!
About Great British Railway Journeys
Cartographer George Bradshaw produced the first comprehensive timetable and travel guide of Great Britain’s railway system in 1840. Armed with his Bradshaw’s Guide, presenter Michael Portillo travels around the country by train exploring the ways that society and industry have changed since the guide was first published during the Victorian era. In each destination Michael visits local landmarks, meets residents, enjoys local food, and tries his hand at local crafts and manufacture, and considers the legacy of the industrial revolution.
This show is broadcast on BBC Two, also known as the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Latest Episodes of Great British Railway Journeys
- Great British Railway Journeys – 23 September 2021 – BBC Four
- Great British Railway Journeys – 22 September 2021 – BBC Four
- Great British Railway Journeys – 21 September 2021 – BBC Four
- Great British Railway Journeys – 20 September 2021 – BBC Four
- Great British Railway Journeys – 16 September 2021 – 16/9/2021 – Thursday – BBC Four
Latest Episodes on BBC
BBC is an British television network, and is one of the main television networks in the United Kingdom. It broadcasts in English.
Some of the most popular shows and programs on BBC include:
- Strictly Come Dancing
- Line of Duty
- The Capture
- Inside No. 9
- Holby City
- The Night Manager
- Top Gear
Television in the United Kingdom
The main United Kingdom networks are:
- BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation)
- BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four
- ITV (Independent Television)
- ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4
- Channel 4
- Channel 5
You will find articles on all your favourite TV shows on every network, everyday on TV Everyday!