Horizon “How to Sleep Well with Michael Mosley” 8 August 2022: Monday on BBC Two
A third of the population regularly struggle with our sleep, which rose to one in two during the pandemic – the highest it’s ever been. However, as more and more people seek help, an explosion in sleep science is enabling the study of sleep in ways not possible before. What’s more, recent breakthroughs are uncovering what’s happening in our brains and bodies while we’re asleep, getting us closer than ever to understanding the importance of sleep for our health.
Michael Mosley has struggled with his sleep for years and wants to know if the latest insights can help him and the millions like him. He discovers why cutting our sleep short can be linked to a host of illnesses, including serious diseases like Alzheimer’s. Putting his own sleeping brain and body to the test, Michael signs up for two revealing experiments: wearing a new device that maps his sleep and allows scientists to see how it measures up to an ideal night, and taking part in a sleep deprivation experiment, where he is confronted by the fact that just one sleepless night impacts his cognitive performance.
Revealing the very latest science breakthroughs and packed with personal anecdotes, this programme is a useful guide to anyone looking for tips and insights on how to get the benefits from learning how to sleep well.
- Try Amazon Prime Video FREE / PureVPN – Stream US/UK Shows Worldwide
- Watched the show? Join the discussion and leave a comment below!
Horizon tells amazing science stories and reveals worlds you’ve never seen before.
This show is broadcast on BBC Two, also known as the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Latest Episodes of Horizon
- Horizon “How to Sleep Well with Michael Mosley” 8 August 2022: Monday on BBC Two
- Horizon “Hubble: The Wonders of Space Revealed” 11 July 2022: Monday on BBC Four
- Horizon “Cosmic Dawn: The Real Moment of Creation” 11 July 2022: Monday on BBC Four
- Horizon “Pluto: Back from the Dead” 13 June 2022: Monday on BBC Four
- Horizon “Dancing in the Dark – The End of Physics?” 13 June 2022: Monday on BBC Four
Latest Episodes on BBC
BBC is an British television network, and is one of the main television networks in the United Kingdom. It broadcasts in English.
Some of the most popular shows and programs on BBC include:
- Strictly Come Dancing
- Line of Duty
- The Capture
- Inside No. 9
- Holby City
- The Night Manager
- Top Gear
Television in the United Kingdom
The main United Kingdom networks are:
- BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation)
- BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four
- ITV (Independent Television)
- ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4
- Channel 4
- Channel 5
You will find articles on all your favourite TV shows on every network, everyday on TV Everyday!