How the Victorians Built Britain – 14 July 2021 – 14/7/2021 – Wednesday – Channel 5
Michael Buerk investigates how daring Victorian experiments and medical cathedrals helped to build Britain and revolutionise medicine. He starts in Edinburgh with assassins Burke and Hare, exposing the grisly origins of modern anatomy as well as the grotesque retribution meted out to those who defy the system. He next goes to London’s Old St Thomas’ Hospital’s operating theatre for a hands-on instruction in Victorian surgery.
Watched the show? Join the discussion and leave a comment below!
About How the Victorians Built Britain
In less than a century, the Victorians transformed the face of Britain. They built iconic buildings, constructed transport networks, and invented cutting-edge technology. Michael Buerk travels Britain to find out how the Victorians built the nation.
This show is broadcast on Channel 5.
Latest Episodes of How the Victorians Built Britain
- How the Victorians Built Britain – 22 July 2021 – 22/7/2021 – Thursday – Channel 5
- How the Victorians Built Britain – 21 July 2021 – 21/7/2021 – Wednesday – Channel 5
- How the Victorians Built Britain – 15 July 2021 – 15/7/2021 – Thursday – Channel 5
- How the Victorians Built Britain – 14 July 2021 – 14/7/2021 – Wednesday – Channel 5
- How the Victorians Built Britain – 16 May 2020 – 16/5/2020 – May 16 – Saturday – Channel 5
Latest Episodes on Channel 5
About Channel 5
Channel 5 is an British television network, and is one of the main television networks in the United Kingdom. It broadcasts in English.
Some of the most popular shows and programs on Channel 5 include:
- 5 News
- Big Brother
- Thomas & Friends
- Peppa Pig
- The Gadget Show
- Traffic Cops
Television in the United Kingdom
The main United Kingdom networks are:
- BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation)
- BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four
- ITV (Independent Television)
- ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4
- Channel 4
- Channel 5
You will find articles on all your favourite TV shows on every network, everyday on TV Everyday!