Nadiya Bakes “Baking on a Budget” 21 July 2022: Episode 6 on BBC Two
Nadiya Hussain turns her attention to baking on a budget. Baking spectacular treats can be pricey, and after a strained 2020, many of us are looking for ways to tighten the purse strings. Nadiya believes you can create something delicious without breaking the bank or compromising on flavour – one of her golden rules is never throw anything away, so her potato rosti quiche uses leftover ingredients that many of us having knocking around in the fridge to create a scrumptious family meal on a shoestring. Baking bread always offers value for money, and Nadiya’s fluffy onion pretzels are the ultimate satisfying cheap snack. Next, Nadiya’s rhubarb and custard kisses turn a few store-cupboard staples into beautiful little biscuits that are pretty enough for a special occasion. Finally, Nadiya creates her signature chocolate fondant, rich, indulgent, and rustled up for a fraction of the price you would pay in a restaurant.
And master baker Richard Bertinet shares his recipe for frugal but irresistible cinnamon buns.
- Try Amazon Prime Video FREE / PureVPN – Stream US/UK Shows Worldwide
- Watched the show? Join the discussion and leave a comment below!
About Nadiya Bakes
Nadiya Hussain shares her love of baking with some of her favourite recipes. From everyday treats to indulgent desserts, these are guaranteed to bring a little joy into your life.
This show is broadcast on BBC Two, also known as the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Latest Episodes of Nadiya Bakes
- Nadiya Bakes “Classics with a Twist” 1 August 2022: Episode 1 on BBC Two
- Nadiya Bakes “Celebration Bakes” 29 July 2022: Episode 8 on BBC Two
- Nadiya Bakes “Biscuits and Bites” 26 July 2022: Episode 7 on BBC Two
- Nadiya Bakes “Baking on a Budget” 21 July 2022: Episode 6 on BBC Two
- Nadiya Bakes “Savoury Bakes” 13 July 2022: Episode 3 on BBC Two