Panorama “Mental Health: Young Lives in Crisis” 5 July 2022: Tuesday on BBC One
With unique access to the biggest mental health service in the UK and some of its young patients, Panorama reveals the challenges faced daily by clinicians as demand for services reaches unprecedented levels in the wake of the pandemic. In 2017 it was estimated that one in nine young people had a diagnosable mental health condition. Now it’s thought to be one in six.
Dealing with growing waiting lists, staff shortages and more young people turning up at A&E in crisis, staff at the South London and Maudsley NHS Trust open up about the pressures they face, whilst four young people with a range of complex needs and their families offer a rare insight into what it means to live with mental health conditions.
- Try Amazon Prime Video FREE / PureVPN – Stream US/UK Shows Worldwide
- Watched the show? Join the discussion and leave a comment below!
Investigative documentary series revealing the truth about the stories that matter.
This show is broadcast on BBC, also known as the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Latest Episodes of Panorama
- Panorama “Mental Health: Young Lives in Crisis” 5 July 2022: Tuesday on BBC One
- Panorama “Hong Kong: Life Under the Crackdown” 28 June 2022: Tuesday on BBC One
- Panorama “A Social Media Murder: Olly’s Story” 20 June 2022: Monday on BBC One
- Panorama “Undercover: Britain’s Biggest GP Chain” 13 June 2022: Monday on BBC One
- Panorama “Recycling: Where Does My Rubbish Go?” 30 May 2022: Monday on BBC One