Rick Stein’s Long Weekends “Copenhagen” 14 May 2022: Saturday on BBC Four
Episode 7 of 10 – This week, Rick Stein visits the home of new Nordic cuisine – Copenhagen – where groundbreaking chefs create artful dishes and religiously stick to seasonal Danish ingredients.
Rick goes foraging for rosehip, learns about the art of pickling buds, bark and flowers and how to create razor clam shells from dough. But he is cheered to also find plenty of traditional favourites, like the city’s famous Smorrebrod open sandwiches on rye bread, delicious poached turbot with cabbage and lemon butter sauce and of course the ubiquitous Danish pastry or two!
At home, he cooks fried pork belly with lovage potatoes and parsley sauce – voted Denmark’s favourite dish.
- Try Amazon Prime Video FREE / PureVPN – Stream US/UK Shows Worldwide
- Watched the show? Join the discussion and leave a comment below!
About Rick Stein’s Long Weekends
Rick Stein embarks on a series of culinary long weekends in search of food excellence and brilliant recipes, heading to markets, restaurants, wineries, cafes and bars.
This show is broadcast on BBC Four, also known as the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Latest Episodes of Rick Stein’s Long Weekends
- Rick Stein’s Long Weekends “Cadiz” 21 May 2022: Episode 8 on BBC Four
- Rick Stein’s Long Weekends “Copenhagen” 14 May 2022: Saturday on BBC Four
- Rick Stein’s Long Weekends “Lisbon” 7 May 2022: Saturday on BBC Four
- Rick Stein’s Long Weekends 30 April 2022: ‘Bologna’ on BBC Four
- Rick Stein’s Long Weekends 23 April 2022: ‘Vienna’ on BBC Four