Royal History’s Biggest Fibs with Lucy Worsley – 13 November 2020 – 13/11/2020 – Friday – BBC Two
George IV and the Regency
Series 2 Episode 2 of 3
We think of the Regency as genteel and well-ordered: beautiful buildings, Jane Austen’s romances and red-coated officers defeating Napoleon at Waterloo. Lucy Worsley digs behind the facade of Georgian elegance to reveal the fibs that helped conceal a darker side to the Regency and suppress rebellion in an age of revolution.
This was the end of the Georgian era, when a mentally ill King George III was forced to hand power to his extravagant son – the Prince Regent and future King George IV. Both kings lived in the shadow of the French Revolution and the rise of Napoleon.
To make matters worse for the royals, British radicals were demanding political reform. To stop rebellion, monarchy and government relied on spin, secrets and lies. Lucy reveals how an international victory at Waterloo became distinctly British, why the Peterloo Massacre was airbrushed out of history, and how Scotland was dressed up in tartan to support the Union.
About Royal History’s Biggest Fibs with Lucy Worsley
Documentary series in which Lucy Worsley dispels the myths behind some of the key moments in British royal history.
This show is broadcast on BBC Two, also known as the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Latest Episodes of Royal History’s Biggest Fibs with Lucy Worsley
- Royal History’s Biggest Fibs with Lucy Worsley – 20 November 2020 – 20/11/2020 – Friday – BBC Two
- Royal History’s Biggest Fibs with Lucy Worsley – 13 November 2020 – 13/11/2020 – Friday – BBC Two
- Royal History’s Biggest Fibs with Lucy Worsley – 6 November 2020 – 6/11/2020 – Friday – BBC Two
- Royal History’s Biggest Fibs with Lucy Worsley – 12 September 2020 – 12/9/2020 – Saturday – BBC Two
- Royal History’s Biggest Fibs with Lucy Worsley – 5 September 2020 – 5/9/2020 – Saturday – BBC Two
Latest Episodes on BBC Two
BBC is an British television network, and is one of the main television networks in the United Kingdom. It broadcasts in English.
Some of the most popular shows and programs on BBC include:
- Strictly Come Dancing
- Line of Duty
- The Capture
- Inside No. 9
- Holby City
- The Night Manager
- Top Gear
Television in the United Kingdom
The main United Kingdom networks are:
- BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation)
- BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four
- ITV (Independent Television)
- ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4
- Channel 4
- Channel 5
You will find articles on all your favourite TV shows on every network, everyday on TV Everyday!