Saving Britain’s Pubs with Tom Kerridge – 21 November 2020 – 21/11/2020 – Saturday – BBC Two
Series 1 Episode 2 of 4
It is early 2020, and Tom Kerridge is adding a fourth pub to the list of businesses he wants to support.
The Black Bull in Stirlingshire has been serving the villagers of Gartmore for more than 200 years. Struggling to survive, the pub was put on the market and 250 locals clubbed together to buy it. In an impressive display of community spirit, the pub is almost entirely staffed by volunteers.
The management team have big plans, including the renovation of six bedrooms to attract tourists. Tom worries that a voluntary workforce could tire of mopping floors, pulling pints and making beds. Tom recommends they add paid professionals to the team, but recruitment proves a tricky business.
In south London’s Golden Anchor, Tom needs to convince Lana to push ahead with the modernisation of her once-thriving pub. For inspiration, he takes her to meet the enterprising landlord of the nearby Prince of Peckham pub and enlists Eve, his sister-in-law, to push ahead with refurbishments.
Miles and Lotte, the tied tenants of the Prince Albert in Stroud, are struggling to make a living from their popular music pub. Tom raises the issue of high beer prices with the boss of the company which owns the pub and urges Miles and Lotte to offer food to customers to help turn a profit.
The historic White Hart in Chilsworthy, Cornwall, can’t survive on local trade alone, so landlords Amy and Ian are gambling on major building work to transform it into a destination pub. But it is a race against time to get the work completed in time for Cornwall’s famous St Piran’s Day celebrations.
Just as the hard work in all four pubs seems to be paying off, the pandemic strikes Britain. Now every pub in Britain faces a fight for survival.
- Try Amazon Prime Video FREE / PureVPN – Stream US/UK Shows Worldwide
- Watched the show? Join the discussion and leave a comment below!
About Saving Britain’s Pubs with Tom Kerridge
Award-winning publican Tom Kerridge helps four struggling pubs to turn around their fortunes. When Covid-19 strikes it puts the whole industry, including Tom’s own pubs, in peril.
This show is broadcast on BBC Two, also known as the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Latest Episodes of Saving Britain’s Pubs with Tom Kerridge
- Saving Britain’s Pubs with Tom Kerridge – 26 November 2020 – 26/11/2020 – Thursday – BBC Two
- Saving Britain’s Pubs with Tom Kerridge – 21 November 2020 – 21/11/2020 – Saturday – BBC Two
- Saving Britain’s Pubs with Tom Kerridge – 19 November 2020 – 19/11/2020 – Thursday – BBC Two
- Saving Britain’s Pubs with Tom Kerridge – 14 November 2020 – 14/11/2020 – Saturday – BBC Two
- Saving Britain’s Pubs with Tom Kerridge – 12 November 2020 – 12/11/2020 – Thursday – BBC Two
Latest Episodes on BBC Two
BBC is an British television network, and is one of the main television networks in the United Kingdom. It broadcasts in English.
Some of the most popular shows and programs on BBC include:
- Strictly Come Dancing
- Line of Duty
- The Capture
- Inside No. 9
- Holby City
- The Night Manager
- Top Gear
Television in the United Kingdom
The main United Kingdom networks are:
- BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation)
- BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four
- ITV (Independent Television)
- ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4
- Channel 4
- Channel 5
You will find articles on all your favourite TV shows on every network, everyday on TV Everyday!