We Are England “The 007 Shoe Factory – Northampton” 24 October 2022: Monday on BBC One
|We Are England Tonight, December 2022 & This Week’s Episode|
Crockett and Jones is one of only five remaining family-owned and run shoemakers in England, still manufacturing its shoes entirely in England. It is an official partner with the James Bond franchise, dressing 007 in the last three films.
But there’s no time to waste in coming up with the next big design. Their mission is to stay traditional, while fighting the growth of the casual market and keeping the business going for the next generations of their family and of the shoemakers who rely on them.
In the 19th century there were over 250 shoemakers in Northampton. Now there are just seven shoe factories left in the town. This fifth-generation firm is one of them. It employs specialist workers, some of whom have been with the company for decades, meaning a family atmosphere runs through the whole factory.
- Try Amazon Prime Video FREE / PureVPN – Stream US/UK Shows Worldwide
- Watched the show? Join the discussion and leave a comment below!
About We Are England
We Are England explores the issues people care about, as told by them. With real stories from across England each week, the series is a reflection of the opinions and changing face of our country.
This show is broadcast on BBC, also known as the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Latest Episodes of We Are England
- We Are England “Becoming Dad – Watford” 14 November 2022: Monday on BBC One
- We Are England “Our Big Beauty Business” 11 November 2022: Friday on BBC One
- We Are England “Farming on the Spectrum – Oxfordshire” 7 November 2022: Monday on BBC One
- We Are England “Our Money-Saving Story” 4 November 2022: Friday on BBC One
- We Are England “Make Mine a 99 – Crewe” 31 October 2022: Monday on BBC One
Latest Episodes on BBC
Featured Shows on TV Everyday